Your Privacy with Cut Action Media
What personal information do we gather?
We are sensitive to privacy concerns – we deal with them ourselves in our day to day life just like you. The information we learn from visitors helps us personalize and continually improve your experience here. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: With the exception of credit card information, which is entirely handled by industry leading third parties, we receive and store any information you enter on our site, through social media, or give us in any other way. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of all our features. We use the information that you provide to continually improve and enhance our services to you, and to communicate with you about those services.
- Email communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from us if your email provider supports such capabilities. This helps us avoid sending duplicate messages to our users. If you do not want to receive email from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of every email, but be aware that this may prevent you from receiving important updates concerning our services.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Among others, those other sources may include forms you submit to us at shows, or through other websites where you expressly request info from us.
What was that about delicious cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that your computer stores through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the web site of its manufacturer.
We don't share
The short answer is an emphatic NO. Information about our guests is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Third-party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include credit card payment processing, hosting and delivering video content, email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and providing marketing assistance. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but must not use it for any other purposes.
- Business transfers: In the unlikely event that the business, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets. In such transactions, customer information remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
- Protection of CutActionMedia.com and others: We release account and other personal information when necessary to comply with the law; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is your information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using industry standard Transport Security Layer (TSL) protocol, which encrypts the information you submit.
- Credit card information is processed by an industry leading third party with the best security available, just like your bank. You can rest easy knowing your credit card is handled only by experts.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your passwords and devices. Be sure to sign out when finished using a shared device.
What about 3rd party ads and links to other sites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party web sites.
CutActionMedia.com may also display personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on the site or visits to sites linked to from CutActionMedia.com.
Although we do not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought or browsed for production services.)
What choices do you have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed for us to provide you with our services.
- When you update information, we usually do not keep a copy of the prior version for our records, so please take care when making changes.
- If you do not want to receive email from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of every email, but be aware that this may prevent you from receiving important updates concerning our services.
Nothing to see here, kids
We do not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use CutActionMedia.com and our services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit CutActionMedia.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New York.
If you have any concern about privacy here, please submit the contact form with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
If you choose to post a comment or image online or by email or in print, either directly to us or in another venue, you authorize us to use it, at our sole discretion and edited for clarity and brevity, for purposes of testimony or promotion, without limit or compensation.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our web sites and social media accounts frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.